Who Is @LMAshton?
I converted to Tweeting on 15 July 2008, and while I took a while to catch the groove of Tweeting, I recently passed my 10,000th Tweet mark. Oddly enough, or not, that tweet was all about bras.
I thought it might be a good idea to explain a bit about me. The About Me box on Twitter is alarmingly small, no surprise, so consider this the expanded version.
First, welcome to the madhouse.
The husband, Fahim Farook, and I moved to Auckland, New Zealand on the 28th of February 2011. We’re in New Zealand to start a business. That business is RookSoft, a mobile app development company. You know the apps you get for your iPhone, iPad, Android Galaxy Tab, Android phones, and other smart devices? Yeah, that stuff.
In a former life, I was an accountant. I’ve resumed that job for RookSoft in a sort of expanded in a way role – I’m the CFO (Chief Financial Officer). The husband, Fahim, is the CEO and programmer/head honcho.
So far, we’re loving Auckland. Except for the hills. Those, not so much the fun. Have to walk uphill both ways. I wish I was kidding about that. But the produce? Absolutely lovely! And the cheese? Oh. My. Goodness!
Prior to New Zealand, we were in Sri Lanka. Me for eight years, the husband for much longer since he is, after all, from Sri Lanka. :
I ended up in Sri Lanka because of a man I met on the Internet and then married in jaw-dropping fashion. We lived in what Americans and Canadians would call the suburbs, sort of, but it’s really not the same. At all. It’s very close to jungle, and in fact, jungle still fights the good fight at taking over the land.
In Sri lanka, there were neighborhood, as in strays or wandering at will, birds, cats, dogs, goats, cows, lizards (I’m talking about ones up to five or seven feet long), and monkeys. We had odd creatures infiltating our house. Well, let’s just say it’s an interesting life.
I’m also a geek who enjoys reading science and technology news. Not that I understand the science behind everything, but really, it’s for the geek factor. Because, yes, Virginia, I am a geek.
I’ve worked as a freelance writer and editor and I’m also a science fiction & fantasy writer. Mostly novels, but some shorter fiction as well. And for no good reason at all, I also occasionally write haikus. While living in Sri Lanka, the haikus were usually about the monsoon rains, cows, or other such things. Not sure yet what my Kiwi haikus will be about.
And I tend to tweet about all of the above and then some, depending on my fancy.
If you want to know more about me, you can visit my sites. And Fahim’s.
- A Canadian in King Parakramabahu’s Court, my blog on life in Sri Lanka. Featuring stories and photos about everything Sri Lankan. That includes the purple-faced langurs, monitor lizards, geckos, chameleons, rose-ringed parrots, magpie robins, stray cows and cats and dogs, fish sellers on bicycles, and oh so much more. Although this is soon to be relocated and renamed and redescribed. Because we’re not, of course, in Sri Lanka any more. I just have to do it…
- Chilli & Chocolate – my food blog. Because, yes, I’m a foodie, too. Featuring wild yeast (sourdough) bread, Sri Lankan cuisine, lots of sweets, chocolate galore, and lots of other experiments.
- Photos By L M Ashton – newly created photo site featuring my best photos and interpretations thereof as I aim to become a better photographer. Just set up and still not entirely set up the way I want it yet.
- Peregrinas, my writing blog. Science fiction and fantasy, both short and long. Freelance writing and editing. Blogging and Twitter. Geekery.
- Laurie and Fahim, the love story behind why I moved to Sri Lanka. And you really are advised to sit down when you start reading this.
- Solipsistic Meanderings, blog and site belonging to my husband, Fahim Farook.
- RookSoft Ltd., our business venture. Mobile applications development, including iOS (for iPhones and iPads), Android, and so on.
Want to find me elsewhere on the Internet?
There’s more, but that’s all I can think of for now.