My so very good friend, Lynn, gave me an award for my blog.
Lynn… Ah, our friendship goes back a long time. We met when we were 18 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and were very close friends. I have memories of Lynn inviting a bunch of people over for dinner and experimenting with a baked zucchini and egg dish that was absolutely divine. Lynn… Ah, Lynn is one of those very cool, very comfortable, very real people.
We then both moved to and lived in Vancouver, BC at the same time as well. I moved there first, then she followed later.
But, over the years and through many conversations, it turned that we both lived in Kamloops, BC at the same time. Further conversation revealed that we lived only two or three blocks from each other, although we went to different elementary schools. Even further conversation revealed that I had friends in her neighborhood, her street, and we may very well have played together when we were five or six.
Such are friendships. 🙂
Lynn has, more recently, gotten quite involved in photography and has joined me in my Project 365 – take a picture a day for 365 days. And guess what? She’s good, although that’s not at all surprising to me. 🙂 You really need to check her out at her fairly new blog.
Here’s the award:
To accept it, I have to answer these questions using one word.
Assuming I’m capable of keeping my answers to a single word. Which could, quite possibly, be not only impossible but lead to more, ah, insanity. 😀
- Where is your cell phone? ledge
2. Your hair? Red
3. Your mother? weird
4. Your father? likewise
5. Your favorite food? depends
6. Your dream last night? Forgotten
7. Your favorite drink? Water
8. Your dream/goal? Security
9. What room are you in? Upstairs sitting room
10. Your hobby? Photography. No, food. No, reading. No, writing. Aaaaaaargh!
11. Your fear? Hah! Too many!
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Where I am now – by my husband’s side
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something that you aren’t? quiet
15. Muffins? Haven’t seen muffins in over 6 years
16. Wish list item? DSLR camera & lenses
17. Where did you grow up? Canada
18. Last thing you did? Stargate
19. What are you wearing? Clothing.
20. Your TV? Unused
21. Your pets? None.
22. Friends? Excellent!
23. Your life? Happy.
24. Your mood? Up.
25. Missing someone? Yes
26. Vehicle? Nope.
27. Something you’re not wearing? Socks
28. Your favorite store? Hah!
29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? Minutes
31. Last time you cried? Uh…
32. Your best friend? Terrific
33. One place that I go to over and over? Computer.
34. One person who emails me regularly? Facebook!
35. Favorite place to eat? Our house.
And now I’m to pass it on to three deserving blogs. Here goes:
- Virginia Lee. Virginia also joined me in Project 365 and has been having a blast. She’s a writer and we met on a writing forum, AbsoluteWrite – big surprise. 🙂 She’s got a cool sense of humour and is an all-round nice person. I like nice people. 🙂 And she’s not just a Goob, she is the Queen of the Goobs. 😀
- Tammy, aka CrypticFragment at Sacred Sojourns. I met Tammy on Twitter. Tammy recently went on a trip to India (waaaaay outside of her comfort zone), where she plans to be for the next 5 months as she travels and sees the sights and experiences what India has to offer.
- Ana Goncalves and Expressive World. Ana is another writer I met at AbsoluteWrite. Ana is an absolute sweetheart with a bit of an eclectic blog. 🙂 Beautiful photography, poetry, musings – Ana expresses herself in a wide variety of beautiful ways.
There are quite a few blogs I could have listed, but I only have room for three, so this is it. Go forth, click on the links, and check out their blogs! 🙂