According to this news report, very.
The validity of the contract and the millions of dollars at stake all came down to one point the second comma in the sentence.
Had it not been there, the right to cancel wouldn’t have applied to the first five years of the contract and Rogers would be protected from the higher rates it now faces.
Based on the rules of punctuation, the comma in question allows for the termination of the [contract] at any time, without cause, upon one-year’s written notice, the regulator said.
So, yeah. Learn your punctuation rules.
- To Critique or Not To Critique
- I nearly laughed my butt off…
- My Inner Muse has a dark side
- On Freelance Writers and Magazine Editors
- Reading Comprehension 101
Did you enjoy this post? Please subscribe to my RSS feed to receive all the FREE updates!